Something I’ve discovered this week (due to circumstances mostly beyond my control) is that 5 times in one week is too many times to eat meatballs and spaghetti. Yeah. Its been a really… delicious experience. Really loved it.
The first time they were a teensy bit pink on the inside. The second time most of the sauce boiled away. The third time they were perfect. Then I got meatball fatigue*.
Food fatigue, the bane of my existence. As a reasonably lazy person who can’t be bothered to worry about food all the time (hahaha I practically obsess), I have a tendency to make similar meals on subsequent days. In a sort of, “I’ll make twice as much risotto today and then eat half tomorrow” way. It never tastes as good the second time, have you noticed? No? Just me?
Soup fatigue is the worst.
However, this has led me to discover a few things about myself:
- There is no dignified way to eat soup with noodles in
- People find my dedication to eating real food to be impressive
- People think my dedication to meatballs is weird
- No matter how full you think you are, there is always room for cookies
- If you wear the same hoody at the gym that you wore while cooking, all you’ll be able to smell will be yesterday’s curry
- Porridge is bloody boring
*For the record, I had nothing but meatballs left. It’s not like I can’t cook anything apart from meatballs, don’t worry about that.
And now, I will make a vow:
I will never, ever, ever eat the same thing five times in a row. Apart from porridge. And maybe cake.